Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Sad Day...

Just to give you a little history to why today was a sad day... My Mom called me last night and informed me that her best friend from High School passed away suddenly and the funeral was tomorrow (meaning today 10/9/2008). I was in complete shock over this for a few reasons. The first being that its sad that its my Mom's friend. She was the first person to ask my Mom to be friends when she had just moved her from California (she was in elementary) Chris has asked my Mom if she wanted to play "Jacks". They have been good friends ever since. Secondly I am only 36 years old and I haven't thought of having to bury one of my Parents yet. My Dad's parents have both passed on and that was really hard but to have to think of your Mom or Dad...it just doesn't seem right. I can see an older person that may have medical problems but not someone who is healthy and doing fine. Third being that I too got to know Chris a bit and she was such a loving woman and welcomed anyone into her home with open arms and a great big smile to go with the hug she was ready to give you.

The first time I met Chris was when my Mom and little sister had come to visit and I think we were either going to Gardner's Village or we were having a Scrapbooking night at my house... any way, I was pregnant with Kenli at the time and she was so kind to me and Hayli. She got out crayons and paper for the kids to play with and even some toys. Hayli told me last night she remembered coloring a picture of a bear for Chris because that was what she liked. That night Chris shared with us her scrapbooks and a few other crafts she had been working on. There had been a few times that Chris had brought things over to my house for me to give to my Mom and whenever I saw her in the store she always said hello and we would talk for a few minutes just to catch up on things.

Today was sad for not only Chris' funeral but also being with my MOM and seeing her at this sad moment in her life. My Mom told me she was thinking of a song called "The lights went out in Georgia". There is a part in the song were it says that they were a lonely person and had one friend and now that friend is dead. That really hit me hard in thinking that the one "TRUE FRIEND" that my Mom has had for years is now GONE! I feel a deep sadness for my Mom right now. I also learned to LOVE my MOM & DAD more to cherish every moment I have with them and NEVER take it for granted. It pains me to think of what or how it would be like with out either of my parents. I looked at Chris' son today and you could just feel the sadness in his heart that when he marries his wife will never get to know his MOM, his children will NEVER get to see their Grandma her on earth. All of the things I do everyday or how ever often it is that the smallest things we do to remind us of our parents. He will never be held by his Mom here on earth. I'm just sad in thinking this my heart goes out to her son and family at this time.

I don't know if this will make any sense to any of you that may read this, but it is helping me put my feelings down. Its teaching me to love my family MORE... make more time for my FAMILY! The time is short here on earth, how short we know not. But from now on I want to try and live every day to its fullest and Cherish every moment with my loved ones. They are far more important to me than anything! I thank my Heavenly Father for the blessings he grants me and my family! I'm grateful for my Husband and Kids, I love each of them so very much. I love you Mom and I love you Dad!!! I appreciate you and all you have taught me!

I will always love you my loving family! Thank you for all you do for me and my family! You are my life and I don't know what I would do without any of you!

MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!
Love always,
TERESA

1 comment:

Tanna said...

How very right you are. I learned that the hard way through the last 2 years. The ONLY thing we can take with us is the relationships we have. We make time for work, but not for family, how screwed up is that? Thanks for the reminder T. Oh and by the way, Keelie keeps asking me "Momma, do you know T?" I tell her yes and then she says "When can we go to her house again? I want to". So apparently we need to get them together again. Luv ya, hope this week gets easier.