Thursday, October 2, 2008

Police, Fire & Paramedics...




What a fun filled evening at our house tonight! Steve had to run accross the street to the fire department for a few minutes to get some shifts taken care of. The kids decided they wanted to play outside while I figured out what to make for dinner. All of a sudden I hear this strange noise and then I hear HAYLI SCREAMING!!! "MOM...MOMMY...MOM!!!! (Kenli was on the top of her little play car on the grass and Gracie shoved the car because she wanted it and Kenli went flying off of it right onto her HEAD on the CONCRETE!) I go running outside to see Kenli laying on the ground screaming, bawling and then Hayli trying to help her up... Just then Kenli drops to the ground again at this point I KNEW something just wasn't right. I tried to pick her up to have her stand and she can't stand AT ALL!!! She flops down to the ground all over again. I picked her up and ran into the house and put her on the couch. I grabed the phone and called Steve over at the station and he doesn't answer his cell phone...I page him with a 911 and still no answer or call back from him... Then I call the station and NO ONE answers there!!! I yelled for Hayli to run accross the street to get her Dad while I call 911...(this is all taking place in a matter of seconds to just a couple of minutes) The crew from accross the street just minutes before was dispatched out on another call so there was the BC and one other guy that was off duty & Steve at the station...they heard the page come in and said "thats just accross the street" they say "Chaff...isn't that your house?" just then Hayli shows up yelling for her Dad its KENLI!!! Steve bolts accross the street with the other off duty fire guy and the BC grabs all the medical bag...(was just faster to run accross the street vs. getting in the ambulance and driving over). Here come the police...fire trucks...paramedics...a Deputy Chief...the Batalion Chief...& the ambulance! (This is what happens when your Husband works for the FIRE DEPARTMENT and they know its one of their own) Normally you only get an Ambulance & maybe the Paramedic rig depending on the nature of the call.

Once they did their assessment on Kenli they advise us to have her seen up to the hospital. Kenli has lots of scrapes and cuts on her arm & legs & a BASEBALL Size GOOSE EGG on her head!!! Steve stayed home with Hayli & Gracie while I took Kenli up to be seen. While at the Hospital the doctor says that she has a MILD CONCUSSION and to wake her up ever 3 hours and to watch her close. If she throws up twice within a 24 hour period to take her directly to Primary Childrens because that is an indication that there is internal swelling on the brain!

So far so good with NO vomiting! Kenli says that her head really hurts and she feels a little sick but NO vomiting which is good! We will watch her for the next day and hope and pray all goes well for her!

Moral of the whole story....(Helmets are a must for KIDS even playing in the back yard)

I'm sure her head will hurt for a few days too... OHHH.... she got bit by a mosquito outside durring all of this too... Poor kid and her HEAD!

3 comments:

Tanna said...

Awww, poor little monkey. That is scary, I hope she is doing ok. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Good thing you live across the street, You never know when that might come in handy.

Nichole W. said...

Poor Kenli girl! We'll keep her in our prayers, but we are glad it wasn't worse! Love you!

Blogging to Blog said...

Scarey! We hope she is alright. That's nice to have the fire station so close! By the way, I love your blog backdrop, very cute! Thanks for the comment about my grandma, we appreciate it.