Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FITNESS UPDATE...




(Music compliments of my workout tunes on my MP3 player)

Well I am happy to say that I have stuck with it for 3 weeks now!!! I can't begin to tell you how very HAPPY I am and how GOOD I feel! Its amazing at how you can set your mind to do something and you CAN DO IT!!! I truly believe that if you focus your energy into something it WILL HAPPEN! When I first started it took me 30 minutes to walk a mile. I am now doing a mile in 19 minutes! I walk on the treadmill for an hour so that makes for 3 miles a day! WOW it really is happening! Yesterday I decided to add the exercise ball into my routine. As the kids watched TV I worked out on the exercise ball for 45 minutes. After about 15 minutes of doing that I thought that my arms weren't doing enough so I had one of the kids go and get me some cans of beans. I weighed them and they are a pound each so I did 4 sets of 50 on different arm things for the last 30 minutes I was on the ball. My arms are a little sore today but that is all GOOD and to be expected. Today I was laying on the floor doing LEG exercises while Gracie was crying and trying to lay on me the entire time. She finally ended up on my chest as I did my workout so I think maybe that could count for a couple extra calories burned.

I have dropped a pant size and have noticed they are feeling loose but the strange thing is that my shirt size has almost dropped 2 sizes (NO MY BOOBS AREN'T ANY SMALLER!!!) LOL I can actually feel RIBS!!! WHAT I have RIBS under there! WOW how long has that been since I have felt ribs. LOVE THE FEELING! I just can't wait for the day that I can FEEL MY HIP BONES! That is the goal! Still have only lost the 5 pounds but inches works for me for now! LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

I hope that maybe I can help influence someone out there to get in shape too! YOU TOO CAN DO IT!!! I know you can!!!

Thanks to everyone on your support! One other fun thing is Steve has been working out to for quite some time now and when we HUG we can put our arms all the way around each other! What a great feeling that is!

Love to you all!

4 comments:

Andrea - said...

Great job, Teresa!!!!!

Nichole W. said...

You are inspiring me! When I worked out last week it was because of you! You're awesome! I'm so happy for you, T.

Brad's gaggle of girls said...

oh I am soo proud of you!!

Inspiring, maybe I will go for a walk...

Keep up the good work and posting about it!!!!!

Carrie said...

Great job T and Steve! I think it's awesome work! As soon as I get rid of this 'belly' I'll join you in the workouts. Thanks for the motivation!