Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Tattoo....

Well I DID IT!!!! After several years of wanting one I finally did it. I figured out what I wanted and had our Tattoo Artist Jeff draw it up. It was perfect (didn't think it would be as big as it ended up but I am so happy with it) so I got it done this morning. The reason for the tattoo is a little bit of a story and I'm proud and pleased that I did go thru with it. So the story goes....

The 2 flowers represents Steve and I the 3 ladybug
s are for my beautiful daughters Hayli, Kenli & Gracie the hummingbird is for my Grandma & Grandpa Mayne that have passed on the butterfly is for life & family that is always changing and will always be beautiful. Growing up Grandma & Grandpa always fed the hummingbirds outside the kitchen window. We would sit for a long time and watch them eat. It was the same family of Hummingbirds for years and Grandma & Grandpa had a name for them. The one that I remember the most is "ol' black chin" The are a few other stories behind Hummingbirds with my Grandparents and I think of them every time I see one.

I am very sure that there will be several people that wont be happy that I have done this but ya know IT's how I wanted to show my love for my family.


This is the outline of the tattoo

Half way done.... at this point I wanted to be done...
Finished at last! This took a little over 5 hours. So glad its done and I LOVE IT
Proof that its me that got the tattoo....lol all wrapped up for the next week. I have to clean it 3 times a day and slather it with A&D Ointment then wrap it up again. It turned out so much better than I could have ever expected.

1 comment:

pirate ride said...

I love tattoo's with a sentimental meaning! I love the lady bugs so cute! It is a very beautiful tat and your right as long you love it thats all the matters! Im very proud of you for doing it and I know how important it is to you. I have lost some very important people in my life and know how hard it is without them. So eveytime you look at your tribute to your Grandparents and family I hope you will feel and remember them! Way to go T