Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Feeling the Christmas Budget CRUNCH?

FEELING THE CHRISTMAS BUDGET CRUNCH?

(Warning: this post is not for the faint of heart or easily embarrassed.... It may also be a post with a limited time engagement.)

This was on my Cousins blog about a nifty homemade Christmas slipper craft idea for those on a tight gift budget. It made me laugh and I wanted to share.

These bedroom slippers are soft and hygienic, equipped with potentially non-slip grip strips on the soles, fresh (optional built in deodorant feature), convenient (no more bending over to mop up spills), completely disposable, biodegradable, and environmentally safe.

They come in three convenient sizes: (1.) Regular, (2.) Light and (3.) Get out the Sand Bags.

Materials (per pair):
Four maxi pads
Decorations (optional)

Instructions:
Lay two maxi pads out flat (for the foot part). Wrap a second one around each flat pad to form the toe area/top. Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom foot part. Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers, buttons, ribbons, etc.

3 comments:

Nichole W. said...

I love this. A classic white elephant gift!

Andrea - said...

Glad you liked my post!

Nichole W. said...

What the crap was that video? I have never seen anything like that in my life!? I guess you're old....
Where have you been, woman? I have been home alone for basically 3 weeks and all I get from you is dirty texts. No e-mails, no blog comments, NO IM-ing....:(
Hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What are you doing? We are going to Jeff's parents.
Love you.