Sunday, November 9, 2008

Aunt Dalene...


I just want to take a few minutes to pay tribute to my Aunt Dalene she passed away on Friday November 7th. What an amazing women she was and she will truly be missed by many.

When my sister Valerie called to give me the news I was in such shock I couldn't begin to even believe what she had said. In fact I even said on the phone "are you kidding?" I was in shock...I just saw her not long ago at our wonderful family reunion. She looked so great and I think that is why it was such a shock. My Dad called not long after and asked if I had heard the news and I let him know that Val had called. I told him how sorry I was and asked how he was doing and he just said that he was NUMB! In all honesty that is how I felt... NUMB in total disbelief that she was gone.

As I write this I weep in sadness for how much I miss her! I keep thinking of what a beautiful reunion she is having with her Mom & Dad and also Stan (her daughter Shelly's Husband that past away a few years ago).

I remember all of the good times we have shared with Aunt Dalene and her family when we would go out West for Easter and they would take their trailer out and so would Grandma & Grandpa. I remember ridding in their brown SUV type car and having so much fun. Our wonderful Easter egg hunts and Uncle Barth and Aunt Dalene would always have candy in their trailer (candy bars...YUMMY). Thanksgiving dinners and Grandma & Grandpa's with ALL the family! Our wonderful Christmas parties and white elephant gifts. Such wonderful times we have all shared with one another. Summer parties with water fights and pure fun and enjoyment for all.

When I was working at Kate's in American Fork I got the privelage of doing my Aunt Dalene's hair several times. It was a great time to get to know my wonderful Aunt better. She was such a wonderful person and a great example to others. She reminded me so much of my Grandma and I will truly miss her!

I LOVE YOU AUNT DALENE AND WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN!!! Give Grandpa & Grandma my LOVE and please bless and watch over us all!


2 comments:

Nichole W. said...

Love you, sis!

Tanna said...

T, I'm so sorry for your loss and wish your family the best.